Happy New Year, g-moguls! I know how all media will be dishing on the Golden Globes today, but she’s not like the others, people. You see, if it’s not reminiscent of the glitz and glamor of old Hollywood, then this g-mogul could give less than a care. Honestly, I hardly know any of the new young celebs and frankly, they don’t make movies like they used to. It’s the world of Reality Television, folks. Although horror movies remain my favs. Props does go out to Meryl Streep for keeping it real in her speech. Saw snippets from talk shows where she so eloquently held America’s new president-elect/ former host of celebrity apprentice and Putin’s new best friend accountable for the harm he’s done and still doing with his loose lips that imitated a disabled reporter.
The award-winning actress didn’t call him by name or even regurgitate the countless derogatory remarks he’s made about president Barack Obama, women and people of color. Congrats to Tracee Ellis Ross and Viola Davis, African-American actresses who finally got recognized by a polarizing white people’s Hollywood medium for their outstanding performances. Keepin it real that’s all.
I got hundreds of views from y’all these last weeks leading up to the premier of La Hair, on a post I penned back in 2012 on the colorful and outspoken hairstylist, Macray. I correctly predicted him as the new break out star on the now defunct, CHICAGOLICIOUS! Y’all can view that post here: https://wwwclara54.wordpress.com/2012/08/07/mccray-chicagiolicious-breakout-reality-tv-star/ I’ve decided to quench your thirst with more about Macray as he joins Kim Kimble’s LA Hair, along with 5 other new stylists. Yes, Kim Kimble got rid of Dontay, China, Anthony, Terry and the rest of her old crew, except for the nail stylist Naja, who Kim uses to spy for her.
Kim Kimble’s new crew was put in place to boost the reality show’s ratings and bring in more cash for the network and for her. A cautionary warning for these shows to consider, is that the viewers can spot contrived and over dramatized crap a mile away. When Kim and her sister get into a squabble right out the gate, it’s not believable. And speaking on “fake”, how many of you think Welcome To Sweetie Pies, Ms. Robbie’s son, Tim has found a new girlfriend in Jennifer Williams ( first seasons Basketball Wives) and who believe she needs Tim to help launch her clothing line? And how evident is the lack of chemistry between these two? The closest they came to intimacy was her saying “babe.” Come on OWN, your viewers are not imbeciles. Trust that the g-mogul is on the trail of this insanity. Okay, rant aside. Now, back to the topic at hand…
In the premier episode of Kim Kimble LA Hair, Macray has toned it down a bit…disappointingly. He sports a neatly trimmed beard and haircut ( loved the locs though) and portrayed a calmer demeanor. Perhaps he’s getting a ‘feel’ for his new gig before breaking into his authentic self. He’s also a dad of three. I don’t know if it’s with his white lover from the South or not, but the two of them appeared on Chicagolicious and were hilarious together as Macray tried to deal with his lover’s jealousy. I predict there will be entertaining drama from this former history teacher whose star is ascending.
More tea on the new Kim Kimble LA stylists:
1. MaCray- former history teacher finally broke away after teaching for two years to follow his dreams of becoming a hair stylist. I predicted his breakout star power back in 2012 and the g-mogul with the most-est (me) believe he’ll change Kim Kimble’s La Hair for the betterment of all…
2. Giorgio Van Gogh- no relation to the painter, people 🙂 is an actor straight from the old school antics (he is an actor) and a bit of a showman as evidenced in Thursday’s premier. I think he also will be catering to the whims of Kim Kimble. Giorgio reportedly got his start doing appearances at hair shows…
3. This is apparently a very established woman in her own right. Stacey i barber to the stars, having celebrities like Will Smith and Mike Tyson as clients. She seems to be the most level-headed (maturity) of the crew.
4. Tiger! This Asian persuasion seems to be more flamboyant than Macray. Add ambitious to the mix and Macray might have a bit of competition on his hands. I mean who can go wrong with reality profiles like Tamar Braxton and Blac Chyna among his pedigree clients?
5. James Wright had a good thing going before joining Kim Kim LA Hair. He’s been backup singer to many in the business, including Toni Braxton and Michele’. We all know him as the “Pattie Pie” guy. The YouTube sensation singing the praise of Patti La belle’s sweet potato pies a couple of years back. Reportedly, Patti wasn’t paying James for her surge of new fame and fortune, but she did invite him to cook with her! Can you say stingy & cheap? Just sayin’
6. Okay, so I deliberately saved this newbie wonder for last. Jay reminds me of how “green” and “clueless” yours truly was when she left home at 18 to claim her fame and fortune…dang still tryin’ to claim that ‘fortune” doncha know, but I digress. Jay has little experience but she has a big personality and the first rule of thumb for her was the importance of how first impressions matter- in that you have to dress for success in Kim Kimble’s salon. The crew was ordered by Kim to give Jay a much-needed makeover. Jay was a good sport about it and loved the results. I predict that Jay won’t be getting along with the opinionated Naja, but time will tell.
Here’s a sneak peek from the premiere airing Thursdays at 8pm on We TV.
She did the mike drop?