Happy December, my peeps! So, here’s the rub. Whoopi Goldberg celebrated a birthday last month on The View by sharing some of her favorite things with us. Because I had already listed Oprah Winfrey’s catalogue of her 100 plus favorite things for Christmas, the g-mogul need to make amends. I see a lot of y’all came looking in November, expecting a few of Whoopi’s favorite things. I always aim to please my audience, cause I heart y’all for riding with the g-mogul.That’s why the gurl got ya covered todaaaaay!
Before I share Whoopi’s fav birthday listings, I think it’s worth a congrats to Ms. Goldberg for being awarded the Elizabeth Taylor’s Legacy Award for her longtime work as an AIDS advocate. Whoopi received the award Thursday,on World AIDS Day. Clueless that she was about to receive the award from four of Elizabeth Taylor’s grandchildren, she was asked a lead in question by one of the View’s co-hosts, causing her to reflect upon events leading up to getting a call from the fabulous, diamond studded, late movie star and Aids activist.
Whoopi said she got the call from Ms.Taylor, asking her for a favor.The actress told Whoopi she didn’t have to do it if she didn’t want to. Whoopi was like, Elizabeth Taylor, of course, she’d do whatever. Like who would say no to Elizabeth! Thus, Whoopi Goldberg, already a voice in the fight against Aids in the 80s joined forces with other celebs who rally-ed with Elizabeth Taylor to raise awareness and funds for the Aids epidemic
Elizabeth Taylor became an activist in the fight against Aids in the 80s because no one knew what or why people were dying from this disease. When her best friend and fellow celebrity, actor Rock Hudson died from the disease, it propelled Elizabeth Taylor to get involved and ultimately dedicate the remainder of her life to bringing awareness in hopes of finding a cure.This tidbit was taken from the vault of yours truly celeb memory Rolodex.The news that Rock Hudson had died of the disease wasn’t as shocking, considering his appearance before his death. He was acting on Dynasty and even kissed actress Linda Evans, who reportedly was afraid she had caught the disease!
Video of Whoopi getting surprise award on The View:
Happy 61st birthday Whoopi Goldberg! A few of the Whoops favorite things:
1. The little free library at littlefreelibrary.org
2. Tattoo Ink are box tattoos that are not permanent at getinkbox.com
3. Tickle Water. com for kids have no artificial sweeteners and Sugarfina Candy at sugarfina.com. The green apple frogs are Whoopi’s favorite.
4. Warther Cutlery Knives are deigned for comfort and durability.http://warthercutlery.com/
5. Genesis Champagne & Wine Preservers,for the alcohol(ics) in you:) “Bartender,’nother round for the holidays!”
6. And the last item on Whoopi’s favorite things list?(drum-roll) Of course, those darn ugliest design sweaters of hers. You can find them at Lord & Taylor’s for around $40
Okay, dropping the mike on y’all. Happy Holidays!